* C$ at C$1.0311 vs US$, or 96.98 U.S.
Posts Tagged ‘rise’
U.S. economic data is taking a turn for the worse and the disappointments have prevented the greenback from extending its gains against the euro and Japanese Yen.
The currency that the new governor of the Bank of England is leaving behind, managed to quietly slip to a 10-week low on Friday. It was not even in sympathy to its sister currency’s plight ‘down-under.’ Friday’s reasons had more to do with its domestic CPI print proving that inflation can still surprise on the downside.
USDCHF’s upward movement from 0.9021 extends to as high as 0.9760.
MOSCOW, April 18 (Reuters) – Russia’s largest steelmaker Evraz said on Thursday its first-quarter crude steel output was 4.07 million tonnes, an 11 percent rise from the previous quarter thanks to a lack of maintenance work.
* Euro trades near four-month lows vs dollar * Cypriot banks open amidst tight capital control measures * Italy’s funding costs rise as political worries persist * Yen slide loses downward momentum…
* C$ at C$1.0167 vs US$, or 98.36 U.S. cents * Canadian January GDP grows higher-than-expected 0.2 pct * U.S
* C$ at C$1.0160 vs US$, or 98.43 U.S. cents * Canadian January GDP up a higher-than-expected 0.2 pct * U.S
* Cyprus says close to a deal to unlock bailout money * Euro on track for first weekly rise since early February * Dollar falls for second week versus yen By Wanfeng Zhou NEW YORK, March 22 (Reuters)…
The British pound enjoyed another strong week, gaining over one cent against the US dollar. GBP/USD pushed above the 1.52 level, closing at 1.5229
GBPUSD remains in downtrend from 1.6339, the rise from 1.4831 would possibly be consolidation of… For more information, read our latest forex news and reports
London Gold Market Report GOLD ticked higher but silver prices stalled Friday morning, as a rise in… For more information, read our latest forex news and reports.
Drop in output adds to signs that point to a continued recession in Q1; Italian bond yields rise slightly in first sale following Fitch downgrade…